Getting away for the weekend (or two weeks!) for a “spiritual” or restorative trip or retreat can bring about such wonderfully healing results for our nervous systems and lighten our spirits.
Some forward-thinking companies actually provide paid time-off for their employees to take these mental-health retreats away from the city, and their daily work because they know it improves the longevity and productivity of their workforce in the long-run.
But what is the difference between going to a retreat or mindful vacation in a hotel or urban retreat setting and a camping or “glamping” retreat experience?
Camping is just for the “outdoorsy” types, isn’t it?
Would I actually be comfortable enough to relax out there?
Some of the benefits of camping/glamping during your spiritual retreat or mindful vacation include:
1. Better air-quality (better respiratory health)
2. More opportunities to walk (all the benefits of forest-bathing)
3. Less Light Pollution (better melatonin production for more restorative sleep)
4. Opportunities for consciously connecting to nature
5. Reduced screen time/advertising pollution
6. Less time in a car when all/most your destination is right where you are
7. Opportunities for mindful animal connection/nature observation
Have you “Glamped” before? Have you camped during a personal or group retreat? What has been your favorite retreat locations and why?